There are many home buying companies out there, but how do you find the right one for you? There are several things to consider when looking for a home buying company to purchase your home. For some people working with big companies that buy houses may seem like a secure way to sell your home. For others finding a group of local home investors sounds better than selling to venture capital-backed companies. Regardless of who you end up working with, the goal is to sell your home. And to do that, you need to know how to find the best home buying company in Boise, Idaho. Let’s take a look at what makes a good home buying company.
Home-Buying Companies In Boise, ID
Types of Home Buying Companies and How They Work
There are three types of home buying companies currently out there to choose from. Each one handles things differently and has different pros and cons. Let’s take a look at theses three companies that buy houses:
- Local Cash Buyers: Usually, a small company or even individual real estate investors that pay cash for houses in your area like Boise, Idaho. Often, their goal is to help the community by renovating houses for resale or keeping and renting out the property instead. One such example of a local cash home buyer is Gem State Cash Offer.
- Investor Networks: Typically, are big companies that buy-in multiple markets and usually have been in business for several years. Their strategy is to conduct marketing campaigns on behalf of local franchisees, who buy houses as-is for cash and then flip or redevelop them.
- iBuyers: Usually, are venture capital-backed companies that buy and sell homes on the internet. They tend to use computer algorithms to determine your property’s value and even purchase it sight unseen. Their offers usually include expensive service charges.
Now that you understand more about the three home buying companies out there, the next step is to research your options.
Research Your Options
For you to find the best home buying company for you, start by thoroughly researching your options. By doing so, you will get a better idea of the kind of companies operating in Boise, the services they’re offering, and the different rates.
Here are a few ways you can research your options thoroughly:
- Check reviews online: The internet is an excellent resource for looking up information about a specific home buying company. Home buying companies like Gem State Cash Offer aim to have a strong online presence through their own website, online communities, and social media profiles. Go through each page’s review sections or search and figure out if the home buying company has legit positive reviews from the public.
- Word of mouth: What are friends, co-workers, and family saying? One of the oldest marketing platforms is word of mouth recommendations. Previous customers voluntarily share information about a specific company and if they were satisfied with the products and services the home buying company offered. You could also look for individuals who have worked with that particular company in the past and personally ask for their experience.
- Business accreditation: Check the legitimacy of a home buying company before deciding to work with them. Verifying a BBB accreditation is important to check the quality of services and affordability of their rates. After all, you are about to entrust your hard-earned investment to them, and the last thing you want to be caught in is a scam. To verify a business directly, check the Better Business Bureau website to see if a specific home buying company is registered in Idaho. You can also use the same resource to check if a home buying company has pending complaints from previous customers.
Verify their Experience
You are putting a lot of time and effort into looking for the best home buying company because you are confident that they are the best persons to do the job for you. However, if you end up working with a home buying company that does not have a lot of experience in the real estate industry, you will never meet your expectations.
You may even experience some frustration if your house was sold for a lesser price even when the value was high. If you would rather not experience any of these frustrations, make sure to verify the experience of the home buying company you are looking at hiring.
Once you have compiled a list of home buying companies from the Boise area, make an appointment with each of them. Before you meet with them, come up with a list of questions so they can answer any of your concerns. You can ask about the number of years they have been in business in the Boise market and what type of properties they were able to purchase in the past. You can also ask for supporting documentation like a list of customer references, licenses, and accreditation of the company; that way, you can prove any claims the home buying company makes.
Verify the Home Buying company can Provide you with a Fair Price within 24 hours
One of the main reasons you’re trying to find the best home buying company is because you want to sell your house as fast as possible. You do not want to spend months advertising your home online and negotiating with prospective buyers on your own. The home selling process can be time-consuming and stressful.
If you are searching for a home buying company that provides fast results, make sure that they can give you a fair price for your home within 24 hours after seeking their help. The quicker a home buying company can provide you this information, the quicker your home can be sold.
Verify they can Close in Your Time Frame
Depending on which home buying company you end up going with, each of the three options listed above close on your house on different time frames, which is something to keep in mind.
- iBuyers tend to close on a sale within 14-45 days.
- Investor Networks usually take anywhere from two to five weeks to close.
- Local Home investors can close in as little as a week.
Besides working with a home buying company that can close quickly, make sure they let you close on your schedule and move out when it is best for you.
Verify they Don’t Require Home Repairs
Companies that buy houses for cash usually don’t require home repairs. So if you come across a home buying company that would like you to do some renovations before moving out without paying you for them, be skeptical. The advantage of working with a home buying company or home investors is that they buy houses in any condition, and costly repairs are not required. This helps you to avoid expensive repairs that usually are needed when selling a home on the market.
Make your Decision
Some people like the idea of working with a big home buying company; for others, they like the thought of working with a local home investor. Whatever you prefer, make sure whomever you decide to work with gives you the care and attention you deserve when selling such an important thing like your home.
If you are interested in working with a small local home investor in the Boise area, look no further than Gem State Cash Offer.
We are a local small family real estate business that is Better Business Bureau accredited. We purchase houses and properties in any condition and as-is, in a time frame that works best for you. We also pay in cash and pay all closing costs, and charge no sales commissions.
Our focus is to provide you with a solution to your situation so that you can get back to doing the things you love. If you would like more information about our company or our process, please visit our website, call or text us. We can even get started today with a cash offer!