Deciding whether or not to ask a company to buy my house in Boise is not an easy decision. Deciding whether to work with a house flipper in Boise can bring equal amounts of excitement and fear.
On one hand, you are starting your new life in a house in Idaho soon. On the other hand, you may be paying way too much money for a home with false pretenses attached to it.
In this article, we’ll guide you through what exactly working with a house flipper company in Boise means, the pros and cons of buying a flipped home, and whether buying from a house flipper in Boise is right for you.
What Is a House Flipper?
A house flipper is someone or a real estate company who buys a house at the lowest price possible from the seller and transforms it into a much nicer home to sell at a higher price on the real estate market than what it was initially bought for.
When done correctly, this real estate strategy should bring the house flipper a return on investment and guarantee a great price for the new home buyers.
Unfortunately, there are instances when a buyer hands over the money for their newly flipped house, only to realize that the house flipper had exaggerated the extent of the flip, and the buyer realizes they have bought a poorly made house.
Because of this, it is essential to choose to buy from house flippers or house flipper companies you can trust.
Who Are the House Flippers in Boise?
Boise offers many excellent house flipping services for those looking to sell or buy from a house flipper.
Many house flipping companies promise to sell your house in 7 days if you want to have your home flipped. Often, there are cash home buyers Eagle too.
When deciding whether to buy a flipped house or not, it is vital that you feel like you are getting a great deal.
Once you’ve settled on an offer, do some research into the house flippers. Do they have good reviews? Did you feel at ease when they proposed the offer?
It is also good to take a good look at the new appliances before throwing any cash the house flippers way.
Benefits of Working with a House Flipper
Moving into your newly flipped house should be an exciting experience. Here are some benefits that working with a house flipper can bring you:
- A Great Price – House flippers typically flip houses and set the price super low to compete with other places on the market. This means that first-time and low-income buyers will be able to get a good bargain.
- All New Appliances – Often, house flippers will redo every aspect of the house. This includes appliances. Not only is having new appliances a significant feature of the house, but it also guarantees that the house will be move-in ready as soon as you buy it.
- Up-to-Date Electrical and Plumbing – Like the appliances, the electrical and plumbing of a newly fixed house should be working like new. This is a massive plus over buying a house with a poor electrical or plumbing situation that can cost thousands of dollars to correct.
Avoid These Mistakes When Working with a House Flipper
Despite all of the fantastic benefits to buying from a house flipper in Idaho, here are some things to keep in mind before signing any papers:
- Do an In-Depth House Check – Although the house flipper might say that the leak in the ceiling got fixed, they might have only put a cosmetic fix on the ceiling but not fixed the root of the problem. Most often, the house flipper trying to save money is the root cause of this problem and will give you a less than ideal quality of life.
Hiring a home inspector can help fix this issue and guarantee you’re getting what you paid for.
Be sure to thoroughly check the ins and outs of the house to find an unpleasant and often costly surprise down the road.
- Double Check the Permits – Making sure a house inspector won’t find any issues with new room additions can take a lot of stress out of the house buying process.
- Verify the Contractor – Having a skilled and reputable contractor can save you plenty of time and money, knowing that if an accident were to happen to stem from house flip work, you’re in good hands.
Should You Work with a House Flipper in Idaho?
Buying from a house flipper certainly has its pros and cons, but are the cons enough to push you into not working with a house flipper? Here are some questions to ask yourself before deciding whether working with a house flipper is right for you:
- Is the selling price a one-of-a-kind bargain?
- Do the house flipper’s credentials check out?
- Are all aspects of the home, including windows and doors, in excellent condition?
- Does the house have the potential to sell well again on the market?
- Do I love the house, or do the seller and price sway me?
- Is the landscaping surrounding the property in good condition?
If the answer to any of these questions is no, working with a house flipper in Boise may not be the best choice for you.
Alternatives to Working with House Flippers
If buying from a house flipper isn’t the best choice for you, or you’re looking for the benefits of selling a house to cash buyers, a few options are available.
Selling to Home Investors
Selling your house to home investors offers a couple of different benefits, including:
- Buying in Any Condition – Because real estate investors will not be living in your home, the condition in which you sell it is entirely up to you. You will also avoid the hassle of a realtor being in your home often.
- Cash Payment and Fast Closing – Receiving payment in cash by the real estate investor guarantees that you’ll be able to close fast. It might take as little as two weeks to close with a home investor completely.
- Flexible Arrangements – Some investors will take over your mortgage or even let you rent the house back in some cases.
The downsides of selling to a real estate investor include not selling your home at its actual market value and not knowing the exact identity of who is purchasing your property.
Selling Your Home to Cash Home Buyers
Although selling your home to companies that buy houses in Idaho is not the most conventional method of selling your house, here are some of the pros that this method has to offer:
- Very Little Hassle – One of the most attractive features of selling to a cash buyer is that you only need to contact the cash buyer when closing on the house. This makes for a very convenient selling experience.
- Quick Close – A deal with a cash buyer is usually finalized very quickly. This means that your house will be completely closed within a month.
There are still downsides to this method of real estate, including not selling at market value, not having any competitors on the market, and receiving additional repair fees.
The Bottom Line on Boise House Flipping
Although Boise is one of the best cities for selling homes or buying a flipped house, this method of real estate is not for everyone.
The convenience and appeal of having all new appliances at an amazing price is a great way to draw you in, but it is best to walk into these great deals with caution.
No matter whether you’re selling to an investor, selling for cash, or selling to a house flipper, remember to look at all your options before settling on a deal.
Most of all, keep in mind that working with a house flipper in Boise, Idaho, will bring you some fantastic real estate experience that, when you tread carefully, you won’t regret for a minute.